Setting Up a Simulator Tutorial¶
In this tutorial, we will set up a simulator in Arundo Edge that streams sample pump data to Arundo Fabric.
The tutorial is divided into the following sections:
- Learning Objectives - things you will know how to do after completing the tutorial.
- Setup - set up necessary before you get started.
- Instructions - instructions on how to complete the tutorial.
- Finishing Up - challenges and further reading for after the tutorial.
After completing this tutorial, you will know how to:
- Create simulators that stream sample data to Arundo Fabric
- Monitor streaming data from Arundo Edge
Before you start the tutorial, you must do the following:
Now let's get started...
1. Download Sample Data¶
The first step is to download the following sample data file.
Save the file on your local device.
The simulator will stream data from this file.
2. Add a Sequence Interface¶
The second step is to add a Sequence interface in Arundo Edge.
The Sequence interface will stream the sample data from Arundo Edge to Arundo Fabric on repeat.
Do the following to complete this step:
- Double-click the Arundo Edge shortcut on the desktop.
- Log in as normal.
- Select Interfaces | + Add new.
- Select Sequence.
- In Name, enter "Streaming Simulator".
- Click Add interface.
3. Upload the Sample Data¶
The third step is to upload the sample data file to the Sequence interface you just added. To do this, click Upload CSV (highlighted below).
Then click the upload box and select the sample data file. The sample data now displays on the screen as follows:
4. View Streaming Data¶
The final step is to verify that the sample data is streaming to Arundo Fabric. To do this, select Viewer on the sidebar and open the Graph tab. Then select "Sent to Cloud" in Filter, select Auto refresh, and click Reload.
The streaming data now displays under Streaming Simulator:
Congratulations! You've now set up a simulator that streams data to Arundo Fabric. We hope you now understand how Arundo Edge can stream data to the cloud.
Want to expand your knowledge further? Try the following:
Download the sample data file used in this tutorial.